Emerge & Lead is a leadership development program designed to enhance the leadership skills of individuals that work or volunteer for nonprofit organizations in Kansas.
The 6-month program will provide unique learning opportunities for building leadership skills and addressing challenges within nonprofit organizations.
Ideal participants for this program should:
- Show substantive history of involvement in the nonprofit sector through employment, volunteerism, or board service,
- Be willing to commit to, and attend, all sessions of the 6-month program,
- Demonstrate the initiative to becoming a high-performing leader with a commitment to the Kansas nonprofit sector,
- Be energized by addressing challenges, constructive feedback, and being open to trying new approaches in their work,
- Not afraid to ask questions, challenge yourself, and enrich the learning experience of peers,
- Have an interest in being part of an ongoing alumni network.
Program Components include:
- Participation in Kansas Leadership Center's "Your Leadership Edge" Conference
- Leadership Training
- Peer Coaching
- Board Governance Training
Nonprofit Chamber Members $300 Non-Members $500
First Row: Kristin Wade, Director of PotteryWorks, Legacy Ministries; Brenda Gutierrez, Contract Specialist, COMCARE Administration; Brenda Bandy, Executive Director, Kansas Breastfeeding Coalition, Inc.; Dana Cox, Executive Director, The Treehouse; Emily Risley, Membership Engagement Coordinator, Nonprofit Chamber of Service; Madeline Akers, Board President, Wichita Fellowship Club Inc.; Jill Bosley, Executive Director, Wesley Children's Foundation; Michelle Crommes, Program Coordinator, Rainbows United, Inc.; Candace Staker, Family Support Services Coordinator, Rainbows United, Inc.; Renee Walker, Vice-President of Human Resources, Rainbows United, Inc.
Second Row: Richard Broadley, Executive Director, Legacy Ministries; Bryn Murphy, Coordinator, Sunlight Children's Advocacy & Rights Foundation; Kimberly Cronister, Director of Community Development, Hunter Health; Lisa Capps, Director of Development, Envision, Inc.; Ann Marie Siegwarth, Director of Fund Development, Girl Scouts of Kansas Heartland; Aaron Ryan, Executive Director, University of Kansas School of Medicine-Wichita Medical Practice Association; Jason Taylor, Assistant Director, Medical Service Bureau, Rechelle Lemasters, President, The Hive Institute; Kerah Pralle, Bookkeeper/Clerical Worker, Wichita Fellowship Club.
Not pictured: Chip Neumann, Executive Director, Midwest Battle Buddies; George Smith, House Manager, Wichita Fellowship Club.
Congratulations to the 2018 Emerge & Lead Class!
Nominations are now open for the 2019 class of Emerge & Lead! Nominate here.